Monday, July 6, 2009

A transformation has happened...

.....I'm addicted to reading! I was a self proclaimed non-reader. Once I graduated from Nursing School, I promised myself that I wouldn't read a book for a year. It was over five years before I finally picked up a book. Since May, I have read 6 books! It is crazy. I'll finish my 7th book tonight. Here is what I am currently reading.



This is my second Nicholas Sparks book. I've already bought another one. I love his writing style and stories. I am able to vacation in North Carolina without leaving my home state of Kansas!

I would love to hear what others are reading. Do you have a list of suggestions? Can't wait to start another adventure!

6 comments:

Warren Ludwig said...

One of my personal favorites is "Dick and Jane". Especially the part about seeing Spot run...it's a page-turner!

Glad you're loving reading!! :)

Hey Harriet said...

Haha! That comment above cracked me up! I love anything by Jostein Gaarder (Sophie's World being my fave!) and I just finished 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini and it was brilliant! I'll have to check out the one you mentioned :)

Cat Ludwig Studio said...

Hey Harriet- That was my oh so funny husband that left the first comment! What can I say, I'm one lucky lady to be his wife:) Humor helps any marriage!

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I'll definitely check them out.

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

I have read that Nicholas Sparks books too! It is pretty good. Right now am reading The Hour I First Believed, by Wally Lamb. That too is awesome! I can understand being burnt out after nursing school..been there!

SKnights Art Photography said...

I'm in the middle of "Phantom Prey" by John Sanford. I've read all his many Lucas Davenport books. I have been writing my own detective/serial killer/recurring characters book for several years now. I'm still editing, my 91 yr old Mom got to read it - - she said "write more into it." So back to the drawing board. My Mom still gets her books at the library, and she is sharp as a tack, so reading does help our minds as we age!

Cat Ludwig Studio said...

jenn- Wally Lambs book sounds so interesting. It is on my wish list.

Sue-Congrats on writing a book! What an accomplishment. I'm going to check out John Sanfords books on line. It is a great way to research before I purchase. Or I'll go to the library like your mom:)