Sunday, July 19, 2009

life's surprises



Saturday morning my husband and I were making our to-do list for the day. It was gorgeous weather and I didn't want to do work. I wanted to play. Life is too short. So we decided to sketch and shoot photos.

I needed to take an action shot for my photography class, so we went to The Legends in Kansas City, Kansas. It is an outdoor shopping mall and has a beautiful fountain that I could shoot. My husband was going to sketch while I was busy with my assignment.

When we got there, it was crazy busy with a sidewalk sale. I wasn't sure I would be able to get any shots because of all the people. I almost turned around because my husband isn't fond of crowds, but then I heard live music and knew he would like listening to them. I decided to see if I could get some photos of the band and use them for my assignment. The band, "90 Minutes", is awesome. Very tight music. All the musicians are great. I didn't want to leave. I kept taking photos of the bass player, Tyson, and was hoping to capture a good shot. Warren decided to do a sketch of him as well. Warren showed him the sketch during a break and Tyson wanted a copy. After we got home, Warren decided to use my photos to make a mixed-media collage/digital painting. That is the first image in this posting. I love it! He did an amazing job. Hope Tyson likes it as well. Here is a link to Warren's blog.


Warren's original sketch.




Here is my action shot photo for class. I was told to be creative with a stop motion photo. This is so much better than a fountain shot!



On the way home we saw 4 hot air balloons and decided to follow them. Here is my favorite one, a few minutes before it landed. What a great day it turned out to be.

11 comments:

Prairie Emporium said...

I do think you had a great day all the way around. You and your husband make a great team; the mixed-media collage/digital painting is amazing.

linsolomons said...

You two are more than amazing...What a day you had, we get to enjoy the fruits of your labors...or maybe the fruits of your living life to the utmost!!!
Love you, Lin

Endless Sunner said...

Love, love, LOVE your action shots! And it's so cool to see your husband's take on the same subject matter!

TheEye said...

wow... I love that you two work together and have such a different vision but it comes together so beautifully...what a treat to read!

Wild Woman Jewelry said...

way cool day! love your shots (yes, MUCH better than a fountain!) and sooooo fun! what a wonderful day! :)

Warren Ludwig said...

Glad we both like to be spontaneous...had a great weekend with you! And thanks for letting me borrow your photos to do the illustration...we'll have to team up on a project again soon!

Anonymous said...

Cool. Your hubbie's sketch is great! And you've succeeded very well with your action shots ;)

Anonymous said...

KANSAS HAS TALENT! ( and they are mine!!!) mom

Hey Harriet said...

Now how cool is that!?! I love both the artwork and the photos. What a talented duo you pair make! That crazy hair shot is magic! :)

Unknown said...

How wonderful that you and your husband can spend the day creatively together! Love both of your work!

Sam said...

Gosh! That looks rockin' good!!! What a talented couple you are!!! That drawing your husband did is awesome! I found you through Hey Harriet! Fantastic!