Friday, May 22, 2009

Early Friday Morning


Coins in a Fountain


Mosaic in Water

My mom and sister were visiting this week from out of town. We had a great time catching up. They left at 4:30 this morning. I wasn't able to go back to sleep, so I decided to get ready to go to the Plaza and take some photos. I love the early morning light. My husband came along with me and took his sketchbook. Check out his blog to see what sketch he ended up with. I'm too tired to edit and crop the photos I took today. So I've decided to show you two images that I have taken on the Plaza on an earlier visit. They are from the same fountain. The first photo is of the upper level. The 2nd photo is the lower basin that is lined with mosaic tile. It is one of my favorite fountains there. If you are ever in Kansas City and are on the Country Club Plaza, it is located right in front of Starbuck's. Children especially like it too. You'll understand why once you see it!

No comments: