Monday, February 1, 2010

POE blog



Metallic Blue is featured in the Photographers of Etsy blog. It is Mosaic Monday and "Into the blue..." was the title of the week. I am honored to have it included with such beautiful photos. Check out their site to see all 12 blue images.

I was taking photos of this iron gate when it went out of focus. I thought something was wrong with the camera, then I noticed that the wind had moved the gate open. I shifted my angle to get another shot, when a blue car come into view. I love surprises. I couldn't have planned for a better image.

9 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

It is a great shot. Love the color combo and the bit of blur in the blue. Fabulous work and synchronicity!

Ginny Huber said...

I love this photo, the story behind its creation and seeing it on the POE blog.

Rebecca said...

I have always liked this photo and featured it in a treasury once. So it was fantastic to hear how it came into being! Congrats on being featured on the POE blog! Yay!

PhotoGrunt said...

Great shot, Cat; serendipity is a wonderful thing! Congratulations on being featured on Blue Monday; the feature wouldn't be complete without your photo.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Cat! That's a great deal to be featured on the POE blog!! Yay :)

Catherine said...

Isn't it so fantastic when a photo turns out even better then expected. Such a wonderful photo ~ congratulations on having it featured! Awesome!

Celtic Cat said...

It is an awesome capture!

Unknown said...

Beautiful capture. Spontaneous captures are my favorite. I'm not a tripod kinda gal. You really nailed this one!

Cheers!
Julie
Julie Magers Soulen Photography
Blog of Note

Family Lawyers Melbourne said...

i will check out this blog for sure it is so pretty