Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy Dance!!


Sand Key, Florida

I just got back to Kansas City a few hours ago. Before I crash, I wanted to tell you the great news. I did have a benign parathyroid tumor!! It was 10 to 12 years old. Surgery to remove it was a success. My life will be soooo much better in a few weeks. I can't wait! Thank you for all of your prayers and concern. I am so touched by reading your comments.

Many thanks go to Dr. James Norman, Dr. Douglas Politz, Dr. Arnold Goodman, and their staff for giving me my life back. Words cannot express my gratitude. Thank you , thank you , thank you!

Here is their website regarding parathyroid disease. Check it out if you have it or know of someone who does. http://parathyroid.com/

I will post more Florida photos later. Now off to rest.

18 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

How wonderful for you!!! Great to hear some good news.

linsolomons said...

GOD IS GOOD!!!!
WE ARE SO GRATEFUL!!!
LOVE YOUR BIG SISTER....

Blyde Neser said...

Awesome news, I am SO happy for you! Hope you feel better soon! Take care and God Bless.

Blyde

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes! Dee

Celtic Cat said...

Thank You, Cat, for letting us know that you are home safe and with good news!

Wild Woman Jewelry said...

cat - i'm so glad you're home and on the road to recovery! you must be relieved to finally have these issues resolved - hugs and love and hope you feel better really soon,
karon xo

Rebecca said...

Yay... fabulous news! So glad all went well and that in a few weeks, you will be better than new! Amazing what we allow ourselves to live with for a long time, and amazing how our lives can change too when we take the right steps! I'll be thinking of you as you recover. And I love the photo!! :)

Mollie Ann said...

Wonderful news!!!!!!!!!! I'm dancing right along with you, Cat!!!

Ginny Huber said...

So glad you are home and so relieved and that it went so well; love the "Thanks" photo on the sand! Will be thinking good thoughts for ongoing recovery and more happy dancing!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!! - get some rest, I hope your journey to full recovery will be short.

Monica said...

I'm so happy to hear this! Hugs :)

Ola said...

very good!!!! lot of love from Poland

Susan aka Suzula said...

Wonderful news, Cat!! Been thinking of you... Suz

Catherine said...

So glad everything went well ~ nothing more important then good health! Get lots of rest ~ take care!

Sigmosaics said...

Cait this is fantastic news!! what a new lease of life this will be for you .. goodness, your energy will know no bounds! I'm so pleased for you .. this really is tremendous :D
hugs, kerrin xox

Stay Tuned said...

I didn't realize you were in the hospital til i saw it on the thread! I wish you a speedy recovery and thank god for a good diagnosis - benign! Take care and i'll pray for you...... laura :D

Pam Lefcourt said...

Cat...Great News! I was thinking about you! Rest....

Unknown said...

That is the best news! I am so happy for you and your family!

Hugs!
Julie
Julie Magers Soulen Photography
Blog of Note